The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Tuesday, January 08, 2008
TUL's Take: NYE @ Pressure in NYC

(For one reason or another, this is the second consecutive post that is a week behind schedule. Anyway...)

These last few weeks have been pretty tumultuous but going up to the city for New Year's was the most fun I've had in quite awhile and was a nice remedy for the wintertime blues. The cost was a little exorbitant ($120) but it included a four-hour open bar and had a decent food spread, plus this was the first time I actually spent New Years in Manhattan. I went with a bunch of friends from high school that originally resided/still reside in Upstate NY (wahoo for blog title applicability!) who have successfully been able to keep in touch with one another since graduation back in '99.

We all met up at Bri & Courtney's digs in Astoria and took the N train over to Pressure, located just steps from Union Square. I have to admit, I was rather impressed with not only how easy it was to get a drink, but how spacious the venue was. I was honestly expecting shoulder-to-shoulder action with girls spilling their drinks on my back, but this was not the case fortunately. The music was pretty tolerable too; however, the DJ achieved douchebag status after declining our request to spin "Paper Planes" because he "doesn't play stuff from the UK." We later dubbed him DJ Murray Hill, because just like the neighborhood, the dude had no identity… zing.

All and all I could say I got my money's worth. That can be justified by the fact that I passed out on the subway back to Queens. Thankfully Adam woke me up when we hit Astoria otherwise I probably would've ended up at the end of the line. That would've been interesting and/or sucked.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003