The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Thursday, May 15, 2008
My Domain Has Been Jacked

So I'm completely fuming at the moment as some asshole decided to buy the rights to theupstatelife.com as soon as my account expired with GoDaddy.com. The problem was that I didn't even know my account was going to expire since I registered it back when I had an AOL account which I obviously haven't checked in months. "Family and Healthy Life"? WTF. According to register.com, here's the douche that decided to buy the rights to the domain. Why? I have no idea. Oh, and guess what? He's asking $125 to give it back. At least have your website somewhat pertain to the domain. Family and Healthy Life? Yeah that really makes a lot of sense in relation to Upstate New York. F***er. Here's what I wrote:

Dear Asri,

My name is Brett and it appears you have registered a domain that previously belonged to me (for over 4+ years). My website (theupstatelife.blogspot.com) receives multiple hits throughout the day when people enter www.theupstatelife.com, but I noticed a significant dropoff in hits within the last month and noticed that when I enter theupstatelife.com I am instead brought to your website. At first, I was very confused, but apparently my account expired with GoDaddy.com last month. The problem was that I didn't even know my account was going to expire since I registered it back when I had an AOL account which I obviously haven't checked in months. Would you be willing to sell this domain back to me? I'm sure there are countless domain names that relate to the theme of your website. My blog has been active since 2003 so losing the domain, albeit unknowingly, has been devastating to say the least. I've lost countless visitors from this as I'm linked through various blogs and websites through this domain that on their own receive many visitors. Please get back to me as soon as you can so we can resolve this issue, thank you.

Brett


Here's his response:

Hi, Brett!
I'm sorry to hear that. Yes, i have bought this domain (theupstatelife.com) at the last month from tdnam.com and start manage it about 4 weeks ago. As you know, this domain has been entered in my health site's network right now.
But i still want to help you, guy. No worry. You can get back this domain if you want to pay me $125.
Awaiting for your reply.

Thank you
Kind Regard,
Asri


I'm not your buddy, guy. The war has begun my friends.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003