The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Monday, June 07, 2004
If It's Still Monday, Then It's Still On Time



First off, sorry for the incredibly late posting. I'm actually not at the office this week but attending a training class off-site in Columbia through Friday. It's definitely nice to commute to such a nicer area compared to driving through ghetto-ass Hyattsville. Right now, there are only six people in the class and the instructor kept eyeing over at me to make sure I wasn't surfing, blogging about how much this sucks, and so on. Now back to the weekend. I had to work Friday, which I can easily say I'm just not accustomed to anymore. Having every other Friday off has spoiled me to such an extent that when I do work Fridays, I become irate about actually having a five day work week. Pathetic, I know. I don't even know how I could work for the private sector anymore after this lavish experience. I laid low that evening and watched my favorite movie of all time, that being Wet Hot American Summer in case you didn't know by now. I don't know how many times I've popped in this DVD, but it's able to remain fresh and hilarious after each of its many, many viewings. If I could put Saturday night into two words, it would be "fucking blast." My buddy Neil from college had a party at his apartment in Arlington, keg and all, so I Metro'd myself over there right after dinner. I wasn't really familiar with most of the people there since they were mainly friends from his high school and job, but I still managed to have a great time meeting a ton of cool people. Around 11 the entire party headed towards Clarendon Grill for some more partying and what not. Of course, by this time I was obliterated and my musical taste immediately went down the shitter as I was dancing to every song the DJ spun. They did play some good stuff like Prince, but I'm still shaking my head at my desk right now for dancing to Return of the Mack. To basically sum up how good of a time it was, I passed out until 2pm on Sunday, still had my contacts in, and a jar of salsa and half a bag of Tostitos were somehow devoured. Sick.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003