The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Wednesday, June 16, 2004
This Swipe Key's Gone To Heaven

When I was pulling out my ID card for the gym yesterday afternoon, I noticed that the trusty swipe keycard for my apartment complex was apparently missing. You see, I always have my gym ID behind my apartment card in one of the pouches of my George Costanza-sized wallet, so when I began to do that routine extraction and detected it was missing, I became instantly pissed. Not that I need it to get into my ghettoass building anyways, but it really sucks as I just put like twenty bucks on it for laundry money. The machine that deposits the money onto the keycard doesn't take dollar bills (which makes no sense at all), and all I had were twenties, so I figured it would last me a couple of months by inserting that crisp $20 bill into the slot. Well now the card's missing, and the worst part is that I can't even remember the last time I used it since the door to my heavily secured apartment complex is always open (and if it's not, the huge doors at the loading dock are!) The last time I did laundry was almost two weeks ago, so all and all it's a shitty situation. I was hoping the abyss of the seats in the Buick swallowed it whole but unfortunately it wasn't there either. I'm just hoping I find it soon, the standing-on the-dirty-laundry compression method is seriously taking a toll on my hamper.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003