The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Monday, July 12, 2004
Wait, The Weekend's Over???



Apologies for the late entry, I have training all week which has left me little time to blog about the things you can't wait to read about. I listened to Daft Punk's remix of Franz's amazing "Take Me Out", and I have to admit, I'm not that impressed. Like the rents used to say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." The original song was completely danceable, so you would think a remix would add upon that. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The Daft mix is actually really annoying, especially with this high-pitched record scratch effect that questions why I downloaded it to begin with. I finally saw Fahrenheit 9/11 Saturday night and overall I felt it was a decent film. The movie somewhat bounced around topics and lacked some consistency at some points, but there were some very intriguing parts that really made you think about the current state of our nation. What's amazing is the fact F9/11 made more earnings in its first weekend that Bowling for Columbine did in its entire run at the theaters! The theater I attended was packed solid for the 7pm showing, and this was the third week it's been released. The rest of the weekend was filled with apartment hunting in Bethesda and Rockville, but there still hasn't been anything too promising as of yet unfortunately, kind of like Ashlee Simpson's singing career.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003