The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Happy Hour Wrapup

After work Tuesday night, I met up with some fellow DC bloggers for happy hour at Pharmacy Bar in Adams Morgan. DCSOB has gotcha covered on who attended, links and everything, which makes it easy for me so I won't have to cut and paste each URL. Of course, since I work all the way out in PG County, I wisely opted not to take the green line but rather drive to Bethesda and hop on the red line to the Woodley Park/Adams Morgan metro. In typical fashion, I wound up getting lost for a solid hour in NW DC since the metro stop is a good few miles away from the bar and I took several wrong turns getting there. I finally arrived around 8 (only an hour late!) and grabbed one of several beers to be consumed. It was def cool meeting all these people for the first time. I have to admit, the jukebox at Pharmacy probably has the best selection of music I've ever seen in any bar, period. For my hard-earned dollar, I punched in songs by Ted Leo, !!!, and RJD2. In addition, it also had albums by The Shins, Ambulance LTD, and Belle & Sebastian too. Since I unquestionably lived the farthest away out of everyone (at least for right now), I dipped out around 10 and headed back home to Silver Spring/Hillandale/Adelphi/Ghetto. There I was greeted with a nice shortage of parking and had to station the Buick further from my place than usual. Then again, I don't have a permit and have been parking there for over 6 months now, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003