The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Monday, May 23, 2005
Wouldn't You Have Rather Met Sophia?

The following email that was sent to me yesterday clearly had one sole purpose: see how many times I could shake my head in disbelief without getting nauseous. Seriously, this story is bananas!

I went to the Coachella music festival in CA and enjoyed a great
weekend of music. It was awesome! I saw 15 bands, hung out in the
sun, and had a great time. The scenery is amazing; you are on a polo
field and the mountains are in the back...wow. I saw Ambulance LTD,
Razorlight, Snow Patrol, Keane, Wilco, Weezer, Coldplay, Sloan, Jem,
Kasabian, Teegan and Sara, Arcade fire, Nine Inch Nails, Prodigy, and
bright eyes. My favorites were Wilco and Arcade Fire. If you ever
get the chance, go see either of them. If I remember correctly you
saw Arcade Fire at the 930...LUCKY! After the show, I was exhausted.
All I wanted to do was sleep on the plane. I was hoping to sit next
to someone cool that went to the show so that we could discuss it. I
ended up sitting next to this 40 year old guy who had all his stuff
all over the seats. He apologized for being disorganized and I told
him it was no problem. I passed out and when I woke up, it was time
to get off the plane. We are waiting to get off the plane and the 40
year old said to this other guy, "I like playing little shows in
Denver". I say to him, "What is the name of your band?" He turns to
me and says "Nine Inch nails"...I am like what an asshole. why can't
you just tell me what band your really in and not be such a jerk about
it. I looked at him and I realized it was Trent Reznor. I cant
believe that I sat next to Trent Reznor and wrote him off as a has
been...I think it hilarious! He is supposed to be a musical genius; I
just would like to know what he is listening to...so funny.


Am I jealous? Perhaps, but then again, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Estelle Getty. Summer would be so envious, if only she wasn't a fictional character 'natch.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003