The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Thursday, September 22, 2005
Taking the Leap

Even though TUL loves technology almost as much as Kip, the financial hardships I endure such as rent and, more recently, gas prices, have prolonged my purchases of the latest and great things us tech junkies love to have. For instance, I bought my first digital camera just this June. Well it looks like a step in the right direction has been made lately as I have now entered the oh-so-exciting world of DVR. RCN just started offering the service in the DC area, and since it will cost The Upstate Life just a mere $8.95 more per month on his cable bill, there was no question that we had to jump on this digital bandwagon. Sure it may be old hat to those who've had Tivo the last year or two, but I'm definitely counting down the days to when the technician comes over and installs one of the best inventions, ever. Plus I don't have to buy a separate box and wait two months for some rebate to arrive in the mail that I'll probably blow on a tank of gas anyway. I'll have a more in-depth review of RCN's offering once we receive the box, but since that won't be until a week from Friday you'll unfortunately have to wait out the days just like this blogger will. Sorry, only I may do the bitching.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003