The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Amazin' Weekend

The Upstate Life attended not one, but two Nationals games this past weekend as they were taking on my beloved Mets. As expected, there were a lot more New York fans in attendance compared to last year, but I guess all the bandwagon whores come out of the woodwork when their team is in first place. The best part about all of this was that both times I went I didn't have to pay a dime for my seats. I was fortunate enough to have two different friends who both got free tickets to Friday and Sunday's game, the latter of which were a few rows right behind home plate and perhaps the best seats I've ever sat in for a baseball game. While Friday I spent a fair share of my disposable income on the ridiculously overpriced Coors Light drafts ($5.50 for a 16oz... Lollapalooza was cheaper!), Sunday we snuck in a foot long sub from Subway and brought bottled water. TUL wants to challenge himself next time he goes to RFK and see if we can sneak in an entire Amsterdam Falafel, though that could get extremely albeit deliciously messy.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003