The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Adams Morgan - Giving People More Reasons to Fall Down

While we were walking to Napoleon Saturday night, we couldn't help but notice, between all the innumerable near-falls, that 80% of the sidewalks we traversed weren't fucking shoveled. I mean, come on. Where is the policy enforcement? You'd be fined up the ass in Albany in no more than a day for this shit. Yes, I know this issue has been tackled repeatedly over at DCist, but the city government needs to get their head out of their ass and get these businesses to pick up a shovel and get to work. You'd think that after a "snowstorm" that occurred over a week ago that people would have the sense to own one by now. Speaking of which, I think I could've sold my ice scraper for over $100 easily by the way people were gawking at it last week. I also keep an extra container of windshield fluid in my trunk. Yeah, you so sweat that.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003