The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Thursday, June 28, 2007
Gaither Absolutely, Positively Gone For Reals

Jared Gaither, who was recently declared academically ineligible for the 2007 season, has decided to declare for the NFL Supplemental Draft which takes place on July 12. Originally, Gaither was leaning towards staying in school in order to regain eligibility for '08 and up his draft stock, but as of today, it's become official that he is in fact leaving Maryland.

"This was a decision I came to after sitting down with my family and reviewing my academic situation," Gaither said. "I felt my best option now was to enter the Supplement Draft, though I would like to come back and get my degree."

"It's a decision he's put a lot of thought into," Friedgen said. "He's expressed a desire to get his degree, but I think the opportunity to make a living and the chance to be successful at the next level was a deciding factor.

"We wish him the best of luck and hope he achieves success in the NFL and in life."


The dude certainly has a ton of potential so any team who is need of offensive line help will most definitely acquire a solid, promising player. AOL Sports is already naming him the top pick of the draft. I have to admit, it's unfortunate to see him depart before he realized his full potential at College Park, but we here at The Upstate Life wish him the best in his upcoming professional career.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003