The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Thursday, November 01, 2007
TUL's Take: The Go! Team @ 9:30 Club

Despite the fact that I didn't get to bed until after 1am on Tuesday evening, The Go! Team's show was highly worth the lack of sleep (and ensuing tiredness the following day). IIRC, I missed their Black Cat show due to being on travel for work, but man, did they put on a hell of a set Tuesday night. I scored a premium viewing spot on the balcony but now I regret not being on the floor where I bared witness to one of the liveliest DC audiences in quite some time. Lead singer Ninja was working the crowd like no other and deserves some serious praise for her nonstop energy during the band's 75 minute sound explosion. Speaking of which, holy crap were these dudes loud. Maybe I'm just getting older but I had to make some makeshift earplugs out of a credit card receipt from my dinner at Duffy's 15 minutes into the show. I read somewhere on Tom's blog that Vitamin E helps prevents hearing damage so I ingested a capsule before going to bed since I had a little bit of ringing after the show. Anyway, deciding to go to the club at the last minute paid some serious dividends. Nearly passing out in class last night, eh, not so much.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003