The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Monday, December 10, 2007
It Finally Happened

That's right readers: for the first time ever, I lost my cell phone. Since obtaining my first cellular device in the form of a StarTAC back in 2001, I've prided myself on the fact that I have never, ever lost my phone. Sadly, fate took a turn for the worse Friday night. Thanks in part to a pair of khaki pants I was wearing, which were part of the attire for an 80s party I attended earlier that evening, the phone slipped out of my front pocket on the cab ride back home. The cab, with phone laying on the backseat, had already departed when I realized that my Phone-Keys-Wallet Check, a staple of mine whenever going out and/or leaving cabs, had failed. This was most likely due to the amount of drinks I had already consumed that fateful night which ultimately caused the delay in my routine inspection. Anyway, I came to the conclusion that had I been wearing jeans, this would've never happened. Khaki pants FTL.

I emailed the DC Cab Commission Lost and Found the next day so hopefully I'll hear a response sometime this week. The phone was definitely powered down after calling it repeatedly that evening and the following morning as the battery was fully charged, so I'm hoping the driver found it and will eventually send it back over the Commission. Don't think I can afford a replacement since the retail price according to Verizon's website is a whopping $379 (it was the LG VX8700, which I got for a fraction of the price due to my New Every Two renewal). In the meantime, I reactivated my previous phone which is holding its own despite the fact that the battery casing is held together by a piece of Scotch tape.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003