The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Friday, January 11, 2008
I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself

So I nearly forgot that Wilco tickets went onsale yesterday but was fortunate enough to buy two for their Wednesday (second) show. Speaking of shows, I honestly can't remember the last time I've gone to one. It's been way too long. Editors seems enticing but I've already seen them twice already. Hot Hot Heat is opening though but their new albums, well, blows. Actually, I've grown to like a few of the songs such as "5 Times out of 100", but that's probably because it's the only track that sounds remotely anything from Makeup the Breakdown.

In other music-relatedness, this one might throw you for a loop. I've been listening to Chamillionaire. Yeah, Chamillionaire. My younger brother put on Mixtape Messiah 3 when I was home for the Xmas break and I've been hooked to it since. His version of "Int'l Players Anthem", dubbed "Ima Playa Fosha" completely one-ups the orginial by UGK (which is a great track in its own right). I never though I would blog about Chamillionaire out of all people, but you can download the mixtape for free off his website.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003