The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Friday, January 18, 2008
Me and Mia

So I went to Mia's Pizzas for the first time last night with Keith and Casey and owe the restaurant a huge apology. You see, when I first tried a sample of Mia's at the 2006 Taste of Bethesda, I wrote a highly negative opinion of their offering, comparing it to the likes of a deluxe frozen pizza. So a year and so later, I felt it was right to give Mia's a second chance. And you know what? I was immensely satisfied. I cannot recall the name of the speciality pizza I ordered, but it included portabella mushroom, sausage, pepperoni, garlic, hot pepper, as well as some other spices. For a gourmet pizza, this was probably one of the best I've ever had. The crust was perfect, the blend of ingredients meshed incredibly well, and the service was decent (also helped that we were one of only three tables because of the inclement weather – in fact they closed early because of the slow business). Oh, and yes, I can't believe I ate the whole thing. All and all, if you're ever in Bethesda and looking for a place that's more casual but offers some excellent choices, Mia's is a solid choice. I'm sorry for ever doubting you Mia!

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003