The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Yes, I'm Still Alive

Just didn't have much worthwhile material to blog about recently. I didn't even realize we're midway through Restauarant Week. Don't know where my head has been at lately. Bethesda is having its own Restaurant Week starting the 28th btw.

Great to hear about the DC taxicabs lowering their base fare to $3. Keep up the productive strikes, cabdrivers. Maybe you can get your taxi serviced in the meantime so when we're finally paying affordable fares we won't be in the backseat in one of your deathmobiles. That's wishful thinking I guess.

In other news, I'm thinking about leaving the wonderful world of Windows and buying a MacBook. I've had my trusty Dell tower since '99 (!?) and the thing has been upgraded to its highest potential. The specs on it by today's standards are still pretty laughable but I definitely got the longest use out of it I possibly could. I think I've the reached the tipping point as the Flash animations in Firefox are incredibly choppy. You don't even want to see how bad the keyboard looks after 8+ years of use. It's rather foul.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003