The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Wednesday, May 21, 2008
TUL's Take: Birthday Dinner @ Granville Moore's

Maybe I shouldn't post this so I can keep Granville Moore's on the DL like they asked in their menu, but the place was already bustling for a Monday evening. Then again, it was $10 Moules night! It's amazing how hidden the place was after we walked right by it.

I'll hands down agree with the City Paper in saying that GM's had the best mussels in the entire District. Rachel ordered the Printemps while I went with the Au Pesto. Both were amazing. We probably should've gone with the Petit size of Frites compared to the Grande we ordered. I mean, jeez, that bowl of fires was huge! Then again, they were so, so delicious. Seriously, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday dinner. The waiter was hesitant to clear my plate as he thought I still had enough in me to sop up the rest of the remaining broth with the bread they provided, and sure enough, I did.

We then went over to The Red & The Black for a few drinks and mulled over going to the Pela show at the RNR Hotel. We ended up hanging out at the bar and being entertained by our bartender Eddie the rest of the night. After the amount of mussels, fries, and beer consumed that evening, I'm honestly surprised that the buttons on my shirt were able to stay intact.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003