The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I'm Pretty Sure My Dad Doesn't Even Know What Facebook Is

Looks like I got my first taste of Facebook spam. It's pretty funny and all, especially the part where the dude mentions he's getting in shape for "the big fight". The misspelling and 'call your mom' bit are spot on, though (just kidding, dad!). Anyway, I think this was supposed to be sent to Rocky Balboa's kid if anything:

"Son, why won't you talk to me? I know I wasn't around much when you were growing up, what can I say.... I used to hit the bottle pretty hard in those days. But things are different now. I don't drink before 10:30AM now, and I've been working out all the time to get in shape for the big fight. This fight is my last chance in life at glory, and I just wanted to try to recconect with you one last time time while I attempt to do something that might actually make you proud of me. I hope you talk to me, but if you don't, I'll still pretend that you're in my corner when I step into that ring one last time. oh well, your mom says hi, you wanna try calling her too now and again"

Now I'm waiting for Brett IamYourFather's alcoholic, 'made a mistake' counterpart to send me a Facebook message in order to complete my fake, spam family tree.

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003