The Upstate Life
The Upstate Life

Friday, August 03, 2007
The Virgin Festival Rundown

Tomorrow kicks of the first day of V Fest, and despite the scorching forecast, I cannot wait. Since everyone seems to be breaking down their schedule, here's who we're excited to see:

Day 1:

The Fratellis - Sound like they would be a fun band in a festival atmosphere, album is pretty enjoyable

Amy Winehouse - Interested to see how she can pull off her vocals in a live setting, that is if she actually shows up, 'natch

Peter Bjorn & John - I'll give them a pass the last time I saw them in concert as that was their first show of a stateside tour. Hopefully they've worked out the kinks since then.

LCD Soundsystem - This is the band I'm looking forwards to the most on Day 1. They blew me away a few months ago at their incredible show at the 9:30 Club so expect me to stake a spot up front when PB&J finishes their set.

TV on the Radio - It's a shame I've only seen these guys once live despite the many times they've played DC but I'll make an effort to catch them this time, for sereal.

The Police - 75% of my price of admission went to these guys so I might as well get my money's worth

Modest Mouse - No explanation necessary.

Day 2:

Girl Talk/Dan Deacon - Who wants to kick off Day Two a sweaty mess? Me, I guess.

Spoon - Like LCD, this is my pick of the day. Their show at Sonar was a solid performance and the new album is one of my favorites of the year.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Not the biggest fan but I've never seen them live so I might as well see what all the fuss is about

Interpol - New albums sucks and they're boring live but what else am I going to do? See Velvet Revolver? Yeah, Interpol it is

Smashing Pumpkins - I remember when my trusty Aiwa stereo accidentally scratched Brian's copy of Mellon Collie and he made me buy him a new one. I'll have the chance to revisit one of the few times I actually bought a double album for a few minutes until...

M.I.A. - Interested to hear the new tracks and like the fact she's in the Dance Tent versus the bigger stages.


Now all I need is a Post Parade so I can place some bets on the horses at Saratoga during set breaks and we'll be all set. Me and my multiple bottles of sunscreen will see you there!

iPod Clicks


Twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    You Can Catch Me At

  • 4/24 - Hot Chip @ 9:30 Club
  • 4/26 - Phoenix @ DAR


  • Blog Roll
    Livin' In The Past



    Search TUL

    Credits

    webdesign by maystar designs
    powered by blogger
    comments by haloscan
    logo design by brian eliseo

    contact: theupstatelife@gmail.com

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    Blingo



    Subscribe with Bloglines

    Personal Blogs Blog Directory





    original code and template by maystar designs copyright 2003